add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Buying Soon, Want Opinions Before I Do

KoalaHerder

62 months ago

Hello everyone! I am building a gaming PC and I would like some opinions on this build before I order any of the parts. Will it be able to run demanding games at 1080p/1440p is my main question.

PC Part Picker List

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the machine purely for gaming? If so, you don't need an i7 or 16gb of ram. Your HDD is also going to be a bit slow, I'd suggest a 7200rpm one instead. Are you going to be adding another 980 for sli down the road? If so, you should probably bump up your power supply, and if not you should go for two 970s instead.

It should handle just about every game on the market just now at 1080p, not sure about 1440p though.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You dont need a i7 for gaming. Get the i5-4690k. If you still want a i7 go with the i7-4790k because it is newer, faster and runs cooler. Whatever cpu you do get make sure to get a Z97 board. If you dont plan to overclock you dont need a cpu cooler the stock one should be fine if you do plan to overclock i would recommended the cooler master 212 evo because it is cheaper and does the same thing as the cpu cooler you chose. For gaming 8 gb of ram should be enough. Get two sticks 4 gb each. Get a hard drive that spins at 7200 rpm because that is faster than one that spins at 5400 rpm. Everything else seems good.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube