add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In which areas of this build can I save money?

SuperCrazyJoel

62 months ago

I have started a new build for a friend's son. He wants to be able to play COD Advanced Warfare:

Ideally, the machine would be around the £400 mark - I don't think this is possible having ready COD's recommended specification.

PC Part Picker

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

you could use the i5 4590 and save a couple of bucks since it seems the computer won't be overclock. That way you can use the stock cooler, remove the one you have and use that money on something else.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Question - does the 4590 come with the stock cooler? If so, does it come with the paste pre-applied?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, that's why you will not need an aftermarket cooler. Stock cooler will do the job just fine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent - made those changes. Not 100% sure about the RAM - I am sure we could save a few pennies here - any ideas?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

It doesn't show me the price, but how about this sticks of RAM?. It is not color matching, but I hope it is cheaper. You could go for this instead, if you want to keep it color matched.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry - I didn't realise you couldn't see the prices. I have looked through the RAM you suggested and some others - it seems the one I have selected is good value for money. Thanks for your help.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can take out the cpu cooler and go with a worse gpu and cpu maybe, but aside from that I don't know if there's much cutting down to be done and if it'll actually run COD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube