add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Awesomealden

62 months ago

Any help will be appreciated, I'm building a gaming PC that can withstand maxed out settings. But I have no knowledge of motherboards, If you can please pick the best mother board out of these two or find a better one that will fit my build, it would be a great help. (Keep price of mobo less than 200) http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Awesomealden/saved/tj9RsY http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Awesomealden/saved/GH8zK8

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If your PC is just for gaming, you really don't need an i7, I'd suggest going with an i5 4690k instead. Both motherboards look fine to me and either one should be just fine for your purposes. Also, are you planning to put in another 970 down the line? If so you should maybe bump up your power supply's wattage a bit, and if not you don't need an sli motherboard (though most atx motherboards are sli capable anyway, so I don't know if that would actually save you any money).

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

cheaper = better :D. There both good so they are both good options

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you guys :) I'm going with the cheaper one.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure to get a wirless card if you dont have ethernet

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do. Also I do plan sometime in the future to purchase another 970, but I cant seem to find one in the same price range that is as good if not better than the one I have, I need it to be quiet

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Gpus usually dont get very loud. If you want a quite system get the define r5 case. Also dont mix and match gpus. If you get a gpu and want to do sli you have to get the same gpu or it will not work

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant for a PSU :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube