add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What shoud i upgrade?

TheSettler

62 months ago

Hey so i build my first pc last year. I was sadly in a little rush, So i did not have the time to fully get into it. At first i made what i belived was a awesome build, sadly it was way to expensive. So i had downgraded some componets. Now my financial situation is way better, and i woud like to find out if their is a weak spot in my system.

So my curent build is: pcpartpicker

Cpu: INTEL CORE I7 3770K 3.5GHZ

Motherbord: GIGABYTE Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB (2X8GB) DDR3 LP PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL10

Storage: INTEL 520 SERIES 2.5" 120GB SSD

WD Black WD2002FAEX 2tb

VideoCard: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB

Powersupply: Corsair AX760

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus

(Wend i orded this i misorderd the Cpu fan, and have theirfore been using the intel fan that followed the cpu. Someting tells me this is not to good)

Thanks in advance TheSettler

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

There is nothing bad with the stock cooler if you are not overclocking it. What i recommend you do is either overclock both your gpu and cpu. To do this get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO to cool your cpu. If still arnt satisfied with your performance get a gtx 970 but still overclock you cpu casue that's still a good cpu

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked into overclooking again... Sory to say it's way to complicated... That Gtx 970 does look good tho, however as a heavy gamer do i need it? Also woud it not be a idea to get a non stock cooler even tho i woud prefair keeping the stock speeds?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your cpu temps when you are playing? There would be no advantage of buying a cpu cooler if you arnt going to overclock. The gtx 970 should give you great fps. It is the best price to performance on the market in my opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CHs5_TdpXE if you want to look a little more into overclocking that cpu

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on the board, it's as simple as heading into the BIOS and upping a number (just don't touch voltages for the love of god).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube