add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This will be my first build, all parts are coming from one place so the shipping will be nice and easy, any advice?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't assemble parts on top of anti-static bags, Use the box for the motherboard. Before handling parts touch a conductive source to discharge any static you might have built up.

Don't worry about cable management until you've had your build running stable for a about a week, You don't want to waste the time until you're confident you won't have any hardware failure.

Assembly is pretty straight forward, The complications that can creep up are anything but, So take your time and run through the steps in your head as you go.

Lastly... Don't lick any components, It's a bad road to go down.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah yes .^ I've watched about a billion videos on building PC's now, I'm pretty excited, should be able to get this by the end of January!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube