62 months ago
I'm trying to make a build to be used in game developement (mainly Unreal Engine 4), 3D Graphics (Blender), a little bit of video editing, etc. Additionally I want the computer to perform well in games, but that's not my main concern. I probably won't be overclocking. I haven't chosen a video card yet, because I'd rather wait a while and use my old GTX 560 Ti and buy a much better GPU a few months later.
I have a few questions/problems:
- My current PC is using an old Tracer case. It's about 420mm/16,5" high. The problem is that I can't find any case that's going to fit the space it's currently "squeezed" in (430mm/~17"). Any suggestions for a case that would be about the same size?
- I read that the CPU cooler I chose (Thermalright HR-02 Rev.A) is very big. Will it fit into the new case and will there be any problems with the RAM size?
- Will there be problems with the BIOS on my motherboard (because of the Haswell Refresh CPU)?
- Is the power supply wattage OK (taking into account the new GPU I'm going to buy)?
- Will there be any other problems ;) ?
Besides all that I would like to know if this is really the most cost effective build when it comes to the work I'm going to do on this machine. I'd love to hear your opinion! And thank you for taking your time to read through this long post :)
Here's the build: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/b7MJRB