add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My high end build. -2500 USD.

Erawr

62 months ago

I'd like to see everyone thinks before I buy this parts list. (Even though the PC is overkill for this display.) Here it is!

All opinions are appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Ummm... 3 CPU coolers? Is there a reason for this? You can only use 1...

The thermal compound that comes with Corsair coolers is fine. You don't need to buy more.

You don't NEED such an expensive motherboard, but I won't deny it looks sick, and with your budget, saving $50 or so might not be worth it.

RAM has a CAS latency of 10. Lower is better, I would recommend at most 9 if you want to game for long periods of time. Doesn't make a huge difference, but it will be faster.

Dual 290Xs? If you want SUPER graphics, you can save $120 and get better performance with a Gigabyte Windofrce GTX 970 4GB card.

Graphics cards have fine cooling ESPECIALLY the GTX 970 I recommended. NZXT cooler is not necessary.

A fair warning... Full tower cases are BIG. If you have space, go for it. Check the dimensions of the case and make sure it can fit where you want it.

144Hz is FANTASTIC in a monitor, but with the PC you're building, I would get a 1440p monitor for a AWESOME gaming experience.

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A LOT OF FANS! You can't mount all those on your case AND there are not NEARLY enough headers on your motherboard. You'd either need a massive fan controller, a bunch of fan header splitters, or a lot of 4-pin to molex adapters to plug it into your Power supply.

You really don't need that much cooling on your GPUs ESPECIALLY if you're only running 1080p.

Other than that, it looks good, and WOW do I wish I had your budget.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Seconding all of this

Full tower cases are BIG

not to mention some are heavy as hell once you put everything in it

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with both above. Also your SSD could be faster.

I recommend a Samsung 840-850 EVO

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube