add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just wondering if OK ..

Amefuri

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Amefuri/saved/QfxWGX

Hi, I started building this one and got few notices:

• Some Intel Z87 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs.
  • Unable to verify the Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler are compatible.

1st, will it be fully functional if I manage to update motherboard's BIOS ? 2nd, It is unable to verify if these are compatible tho I find in the internet selling both tower and cooler together. What would be the best compatible option then ? :/

My plans for this computer would be gaming in max settings ( but not in 4K ).. 3D modelling and Video Editing. Any recommendation concerning the chosen parts ?

PS: Sound cards ,etc, are not so important for now as my focus is in primary hardware.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

You should probably go with a z97 chipset mobo just to be on the safe side. I'd imagine if places are selling them together they're compatible, but you might want to go with a different case just to be 100% safe.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for fast reply. I applied the changes and now there are no compatibility notices. It did bypass expected price but it isn't critical.. total $1127.96. In the end would you recommend parts I have chosen ?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I have a feeling you could get a better bang for your buck GPU at around that price, but I don't know enough about that price range of cards to recommend one.

Since you're editing and modelling, you might also be better with 16gb of ram to make multitasking and stuff a bit easier if you're running a lot of programs or one happens to use a lot of memory.

But for the actual parts you've picked there, I don't see any that I've heard any complaints about or that should run poorly.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ye, I understand. Hmm.. I will double check the GPU parts around that price and compare. About ram.. I am planning to upgrade but later. I think for my pocket money now 8GB is enough :) Thx again!

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

No problem, hope your build works out!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated again. Found a 4gb better one. Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Again, would you recommend? This would be my final change and price is at my limit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube