add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI x99s XPower compatibility with 3.5" drives?

3D-Anim8tor
  • 66 months ago

I read where some x99 boards aren't compatible with 3.5" drives. Does this mean they won't fit in some cases together? The XPower is an EATX mobo. Help.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're talking about conflict due to orientation of the HDDs in some cases, just purchase a case that is EATX compliant and has the HDD bays oriented to the side to side, rather than front to back.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

do you have any links to that? not exactly sure what they mean but i dont see why they would be compatible.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently this seems to be a issue with using the EATX board in a non-EATX case or perhaps a mid-tower case where space issues may be limited. I plan to buy a Full-tower, EATX compatible case, so there should be a problem... I hope.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll do that.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube