add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
McCamper

62 months ago

Strictly gaming pc. Looking to play at 1080p at 60fps if at all possible.

Will this do the job? Anything that should be changed?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/McCamper/saved/gQw8TW

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

With that build 850w is overkill. You can save a few bucks and get 600-750w depending on if you wanted to over clock or sli in the future.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That processor, change it to the good i5...

Depending on the games you want to play, that R9 280 should come close to, but not quite get as many FPS as you want (I have an R9 280 in my build)

Also, you will never need 850W power supply with those parts...

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Change the Power supply to a 750W 80+ gold, full modular. it should cost around $52 with the $25 rebate. Also use the i5 4690k processor, it's around 15 dollars more, but it's allot better.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all those replies. I put a 850W in the build because i read that the graphic card needed a 750w minimum, but I'll make the changes to the power and CPU.

Since i will change the cpu to a K cpu should i change to the z97 or only if I'll overclock?

Thanks again for those replies, been real helpful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube