add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
bradleyt24

62 months ago

I need some opinions on this build. I am using this PC for multimedia and gaming purposes. I already have a monitor and a wireless network adapter with me so all I need now are opinions on the final product. Thanks guys. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/bradleyt24/saved/xKpFf7

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

for $20 more, you can get the AMD FX-6350. More cores, higher base clock. My favorite if the FX-8350. For $160, you get 4.0Ghz and 8 cores. It's EPIC.

Case looks cool, but it has a flap on the front that you'll have to open any time you want to get to your CD drive. It would bug me, but if it won't bother you, don't worry about it.

You bought 4 fans - Case comes with 2 and only has 2 open mounting spaces (I think). Also, your motherboard only has 2 fan headers. If you planning on using 5 fans, you'll either need a bunch of fan header splitters, or a fan controller. Alternatively, you could plug them directly into your PSU (Power supply), but then they'd be running full blast always.

Other than that, it looks really cool. Have fun building it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube