add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Jonny2016

62 months ago

Please improve this and explain. Don't Go past $1200 please.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-6790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $108.25 @ TigerDirect
Motherboard MSI A88X-G45 GAMING ATX FM2+ Motherboard $114.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $67.29 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card $169.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair C70 Military Green (Green) ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Optical Drive LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $39.99 @ Micro Center
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) $90.26 @ OutletPC
Monitor Samsung T24C550ND 23.6" Monitor $218.99 @ SuperBiiz
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $26.99 @ NCIX US
Mouse Logitech M320 Wireless Optical Mouse $12.99 @ Best Buy
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1081.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-17 14:43 EST-0500

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I would recommend getting an i5 4690k or i7 4790k and for sure a gtx 970

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you're good with what you got listed. I'd maybe grab a higher wattage PSU like 550W or 650W so you'll have plenty of upgrade room. Also maybe a Cooler Master 212 EVO to cool your CPU, its a great air cooler for the price. Maybe look into other CPU's, like the FX-4300 or FX-6300. YOu'll have to change the motherboard to fit the FX series of CPU's. I don't know how the APU series works with pairing GPU's with it so i can't really give any input there.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude, an amd processor and r9 270x in a 1000 dollar gaming build, this is ia big joke.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you read what I wrote?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, actually this guy should get a gtx 970

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh I can improve this.

I am sorry and I'm really sorry but try to do some more research a good 800 dollar gaming build can beat this.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

adding a monitor, OS, and peripherals would end up around $1200 total. I know builds normally just build a tower that has no OS.

I normally try to make a decent $2000 build. Not sure what to use for anything below $1500. Still figuring it out.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sd32ZL I redid your entire build, It has a i5 thats unlocked, a GTX 970, a full tower case, a 650 watt gold rated PSU. It only was $100 more than your original build and its significantly more powerful. If you can drop the bluray I possibly could squeeze in a SSD.

Im going to be 100% honest with you, your original build was pretty bad, it had a over priced monitor, a APU which should never be a build with a budget that high. It had a 270X when you could have got a R9 280 for the same price, it also had a decent but overpriced PSU. If you really clueless about where to begin I would suggest watching some reviews of parts on youtube.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

An i5 is an APU. APUs are CPUs are GPUs in one. So you basically said don't use an the Intel i# processors or A# and Athlon Processors.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

A i5 isn't a APU, a APU's is a Accelerated Processing Unit, they are made by AMD and AMD only. They have some beefy integrated graphics for there price.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What is an APU? The term APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit. At the moment, this is a term that only AMD is using for its products. Intel’s recently released update to its processors also qualifies as an APU; Intel simply seems unwilling to use the definition. That’s understandable, since the company has been known as the world’s leading CPU maker for years.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/apu-technology-explained/

I will admit to being wrong in saying an APU has is a GPU and CPU in one.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Now I found this. So i don't know if i am wrong or right on this anymore due to it.

An APU integrates a CPU and a GPU on the same die thus improving data transfer rates between these components while reducing power consumption. APUs can also include video processing and other application-specific accelerators. Examples: Intel’s Sandy Bridge, AMD Fusion and NVIDIA’s Project

http://www.geek.com/chips/what-is-an-apu-1304427/

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i also don't mind honesty

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

if you have more to spend then you can get a better case as the one i have chosen is ok but not great. this is a better build and the same kind of money as your original also you could lose the mouse as you get a mouse with your keyboard bundle

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor $169.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard $84.99 @ Micro Center
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $77.98 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card $194.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case $49.98 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Amazon
Optical Drive LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $39.99 @ Micro Center
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) $90.26 @ OutletPC
Monitor Samsung T24C550ND 23.6" Monitor $218.99 @ SuperBiiz
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $26.99 @ NCIX US
Mouse Logitech M320 Wireless Optical Mouse $12.99 @ Best Buy
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1074.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-17 16:12 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you know the refresh rate on the monitor? I couldn't find it on the page.

Why did you choose the FX-8350?

I despise wired mouses. Cord gets caught, doesn't always move out of the way. Wired keyboards are fine and that was a cheap bundle.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i did not change the monitor but it is 2ms. i chose the 8350 because i think it is the best bang for buck cpu and better than what you chose. you could go for an i5 and different motherboard if you wanted an intel option. i also added a 280 which will be better than the 270 you had

this build should have no problem maxing out games on a single 1080p monitor

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

2 ms is not the refresh rate. That is the delay it should look like 144 MHz or something else.

A Proccesor with 4 cores and clocked at 4 GHz is better that an 8 core, 4ghz. Only exception is if you are building a server, which you would want lots of cores and speed.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, I think you can save money by getting a $60-70 Mid tower case. Also, you can still get a really good monitor for just $120-150 instead. Then use the extra money you saved with your leftover money for a cpu i7 core and a gtx 970 video card.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

For the case, you have everything you will need just by getting this Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower. Its only $49.99. If you don't believe me, ask the other several 4-5 star reviews it has.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i am going to go with i5

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea the i5 is still a good choice. Although I still recommended the gtx 970 video card.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on the GTX 970, it can be from $320 to $370. It may be a high price, but it's performance is definitely worth it. Look up reviews on it. It is argueably the best graphics card for its price and

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

k

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/leocracko/saved/n6P9TW

If this is gonna be GAMING focused Build, instead of APU Why not just go for FX6300. In the Multi-threaded tasks performs about 24% better. In memory intensive applications (Games), the processor has 20% higher performance and has a Slightly lower TDP and lower price.

in Gaming with non-apu processor there isn't much frame rain or performance gain with higher Mhz ram so 1600Mhz seems to be sweet midle for gaming and windows application.

I choose WD 1tb blue becuase of good experience with them im still rocking on my 500Gb WD blue after 6 years.

While you don't have it in your build i put in a SSD which will improve your boot time, acess time, loading pages, while it gives no benefit to frame rates it gives significantly faster loading time of games and transition betwen the maps.

The Asus Screen i pick is IPS which gives better color reproduction and still pretty low response time and it's cheaper than your standard LED display.

I didn't include the optical drive because the case dosen't have a optical drive layout.. why? NZXT in most of their cases make that clean style and whould suggest you just buy a External Optical Drive it's not that more expensive than the one you have to screw in.

280x is better gpu and will give you more frame rates in game and also has more Video Ram so you can crank up details on those games that really eat ram.

XFX 550 is more than enogh juice on +12 rail to run all these components since it's made by Seasonic.

(if your using a "Gold" PSU with Power Efficiancy and low bill than make it full power efficiant CPU, Case, Drives, GPU... etc. Than your really saving, just changing PSU Bronze to gold wont give you that much difference anyways)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I have seen people recommend the i5 4690k more often for gaming due to performance. I also used to put that in my parts list but got tired of people recommending me to swap it so went with an i5.

I like to go little faster with parts than needed which is why i chose 1688 MHz or what ever it was with a CAS of 9.

I like the Seagate Barracuda because it has a 64 cache rate vs the Caviar Blue's 32.

I know, i plan on buying that at a later time. I can get buy with just a HDD.

Does the monitor have a refresh rate of 144 MHz? That is ideal for gaming.

I want it internally. I don't like cables all over. I prefer an internal ODD.

I will keep the 280x in mind, but probably will go with a GTX 970.

I perfer Corsair or EVGA. I haven't heard much good about Seasonic.

I know about the power ratings. Platinum is the best rating.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well yeah the i5 and GTX 970 will be better but... much higher price ofcorse if thats not problem with you to go all the way to 1200$ without SSD, which is much harder later add since you got to reinstall the system.

You could probobly go with 4690 NON K since Ocing dosn't really gives much better performance in games now days. You would maybe see 5-8 fps difference, defenetly not worth extra cooling.

Faster ram isn't gonna give you more Frames per second so why pay more for faster rame if it's considered for gaming this is well explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgzA2C61z4

No monitor dosen't have 144MHZ but nether is the samsung you choose which costs more. For a 144MHz Screen you will have to chip away a lot more than 250$

60hz is gonna be enogh for for intensive games like Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, Crysis 3, Metro LL, since most of high end GPU strugle even with those at 60-80 fps at 1080p max details.

Corsair PSU's is made by CWT not corsair as well as some chinese company called GreatWall, higher tier PSU from Corsair is made by Seasonic. EVGA is alright but nothing special either since half of it's psu is made by HEC and FSP only higher tier are made by SuperFlower and Seasonic.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm

XFX 550w has better quality in it since it's made by Seasonic as well as higher +12 rail amperage and wattage on that +12 rail. compared to other 500-600w Bronze based PSU. A XFX 550w could power two 980s in SLI with OCED 4.6Ghz i7-3960X Extreme. all that for a price of 49$

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum is just rating of how well the efficiancy is of the PSU:

http://blog.admiralakber.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/80-Plus-certifications.png

considering the platinum cost 2x-3x times of a bronze one, it's not even that worth it for an average consumer.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i5 4690 and i5 4690k cost almost exactly the same currently.

Transfer rates of data would be faster with faster RAM. It doesn't effect FPS. I am pretty sure it helps speed up accessing programs and maybe boot time.

144 Hz is faster refresh rate than 60 Hz

I forgot what the refresh rate was measured in. I thought it was in MHz instead of Hz.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Boot time no. Since system dosen't get booted with ram but would your Storage SSD/HDD. Since in your build or other build dosen't have one boot time won't be improved with faster ram.

I already gave you the benchmark link showing you where its effective. In games zero improvment less than 1 FPS in over all games. Faster ram is only noticable with APU not CPU and mostly is noticable in Winrar and winzip when unzipping files and even than the difference between 1600Mhz and 2133Mhz is less than 1 sec.

You can see all the benches here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-scaling-choosing-the-best-ddr3/5

The people who test these things for living say the "The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600" I didnt make this thing up.

"144 Hz is Faster refresh rate than 60" Yes but it's also 100$+ more expensive than a 60hz as well you luse IPS color reproduction since 144HZ is only with TN panels.

Instead of spending money for higher clocked ram that dosen't give you much noticabe improvement and 144MHz thats 100$ more rather spend that money into SSD which both of builds yours and the 2nd one dosent have.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

An i5 is an APU. Same with the A10s and Athlons. APU have the GPU and CPU on the same thread. Intel doesn't consider i5s and APU because AMD came up with the term.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube