add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any advice or tips on this build? Pretty sure this will be my final build $950

InFaM0us_Chris

62 months ago

Final build, pretty sure i will purchase this, BUT before i do, any second opinions are welcome.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/InFaM0us_Chris/saved/z44J7P

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

i5 4690K is $4 cheaper, and it's unlocked, so you can overclock it in the future. Go with it.

I hope you know your RAM will NOT fit the color of your build. Not something I would worry about if you didn't have a side panel. Check out some G.Skill RAM, but remember, the lower the CAS, the faster the RAM. I would recommend 9 or lower.

WiFi PCI card will be slower than a straight Ethernet connection to you router. If you can do that, please do.

Other than that, this looks like a nice PC.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't want to overclock for some odd reason, go with the xeon, its basically a i7 thats locked with some server features. I got matching ram also.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube