add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
zaraki005

62 months ago

After 5 years my current PC just died a couple of weeks ago and I need another PC that can stand up to another 4-5 years of use without having any issues. This is what I have so far after weeks of research but I am not that confident with the build which is why any feedback would be appreciated.

The first build is a watercooled build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/zaraki005/saved/jDhG3C

The main reason for watercooling is I got the impression that the GFX cards would have a better lifetime compared to air cooled versions.

The alternative route is the second build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/zaraki005/saved/zDMmP6

Which also utilizes the watercooled option but an AIO solution rather than a custom loop, However I have read reviews about problems with the dual r9 295x2 having graphics issues due to bad drivers with games and demanding CAD software. However bare in mind I do not work heavily on this computer as its my home PC I only ever use it for work every once in a while when I bring work back home. My home PC is mainly for recreational use like games, movies and surfing.

Again any feedback no matter how big or small the changes that can be made will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good but for £3500 it should

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you but that is exactly the reason why I wanted feedback 3500 is not something I can throw around unless I am sure it worth it and as I said I am not confident with the build meaning if it will last for 4-5 years.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to add smaller peripherals (mouse keyboard) and SSD's and such are something I buy quite regularly and have many from my old PC hence I didn't bother adding them to the build. The only thing I am interested is the core components like gpu cpu and cooling options that could withstand years of use. For example I had 2 GTX 690's in my old PC that in the past 2 years were starting to burn up since they were only air cooled and I didn't want to buy a liquid cooling solution for old parts hence I just left it but this time I really want to pre maturely fix all my old mistakes and any thing that I could have missed out on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube