add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Kbart818

62 months ago

So I'm putting together a PC for a friend of mine, and it has been a while since I've done a build-out. 6 years or so. I used to build quite a bit, but a lot has changed in the past 6 years and I haven't been able to get my hands dirty nearly as much as I would have liked to. I would be hugely appreciative of any opinions you guys could offer on a high-end PC spec I threw together. He doesn't plan to get into overclocking, and the system is designed (in theory) around gaming without any bottlenecks, and environment virtualization (VMWare & VirtualBox) for enterprise scenario simulations (work, etc.)

That being said, I want to make sure I'm (1) choosing the right components in terms of compatibility, and (2) not missing out on anything I should be taking advantage of in this price point. For example, the M.2 interface was news to me, but from what I read it might not quite be time to dive into that for primary storage/OS.

Of course any advice and/or criticism beyond that is more than welcome, so please don't pull any punches. The last thing I want to do is pull the trigger on a purchase at this level that misses the mark.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kbart818/saved/zjsj4D

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Well if you are going that high you should put in the new industrial noctuas, they're really nice.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, that's great advice. I didn't even know those existed. Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube