add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$2000 Budget High End Editing/Gaming Build

mikyor1

62 months ago

The title seems misleading, its supposed to be read as "budget-high-end" not"$2000 budget"

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mikyor1/saved/z9X323

Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card

Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case

Thermaltake 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

What do you guys think? I havent opened anything yet, was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or thoughts on things i can improve on this build.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

lol just wait for a 980ti

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice, nothing to say.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

2000 budget can't lead you with a good build at all. X99 is still the way to avoid unless you really need those extra threads for performance. You can bump down to 5820K, the difference is almost minimal, get a better motherboard (sometimes 2 BIOS will help you) and, most importantly, a CPU Cooler. Without it you won't go anywhere at all. And you can wait for GM200/Fiji/Bermuda to come out.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i think this thread is a bit outdated from my parts i purchased but i cant get the 5820 because of the lane limit, as yo ucan see im future proofing, i dont wanna buy ddr3 and then i nthe future have it useless.

motherboards are pretty cheap and can be changed readily its a good start for now however, what motherboard do you consider to be better and why?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard can't even support 3-way, so anything from Gigabyte might be a good bet, UD3 to UD5, the Gaming 5 is a good choice too. And unless you go for some video editing or folding at home, the jump between 3-way SLI and 4-way SLI only brings trouble in games, it makes the game much more unstable (more stutter).

DDR3 will still live on at least until Skylake, I guess it isn't that much useless. And you'd rather wait for the new GPUs :D

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

All that CPU power and only a 970? YOLO dude, grab an R9 295X2. It's ~$700 and the performance is INSANE. Also, One 3TB HDD is a lot less reliable than three 1TB HDDs. If you backup your data often and aren't worried about losing files due to failures then by all means get that big *** drive.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

well mostly created as a workstation for editing but i figured might as well get a decent vid card but about the data, what drives do you recc for 1tb harddrives? i only play league/hon/dota2 couple times a month

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You could do with a smaller PSU

AND STAY AWAY FROM COOLMAX; ****'s a ticking time bomb from my experience

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I personally don't recommend the Seagates because they tend to crash a lot.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i heard too, but for now imma just hold on to it, im planning on buying a separate case for hot swap drives

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I returned it today, and got a EVGA 850w

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

cool. (Btw I'm kinda late)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube