add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
JohnMask

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d46XdC Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I wouldn't go with the Zotac 970. As far as I know they're not a very trusted brand. Looks like you're looking to SLI in the future.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you recommend going with then? And what has been reported of the brand?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd definitely go with the second EVGA card, here: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp42972kr

It's been reported that they have high temperatures, and general instability.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

So other than that, the rest of the build is good?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me, yes.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The DDR3 set is a bit dangerous. 1600MHz is what's being currently produced, and Haswell supports 1600 by default. Apart from that, you can take 100W if you want and you are good to go.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Why is it dangerous? What should I change it to? I'm new to building pc's so I don't really know what would be better.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Because it's not the set that's being produced. You are buying something that has been produced a little back then.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Zotac gtx 970? ew no.

Avoid EVGA's gtx 970 as well, Asus's 970 under preforms so I'd recommend Gigabutts or MSI 970.

RAM fine but look for a cheaper set with a lower CAS and higher speed (I'm sure there are some good 8 GiB sets with 8 CAS)

Are you planning to overclock in the future? If so you current CPU cannot overclock, the xxxxK Intel CPUs are unlock and can overclock.

Do some research on you components beforehand, you'll need to learn more about the hardware or you'll regret it later.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube