add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - Opinion Wanted

rodnork

62 months ago

Hello everyone. I just need some opinion on my first build for an average PC. I already have a hard drive and other peripherals which is why I did not include them in the list. I am not a heavy gamer but more for casual gaming and do not require games to run at ultra high settings. I am more interested to know the components I picked are good for its price or not. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Dg4Df7

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to balance everything. Here and there, you have good parts and bad parts.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi EyeofEnder, thanks for the first comment on my first post. What would the bad and good parts be?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The Motherboard could be upgraded without having to pay more bucks, and I would take a Hexa-Core as a CPU. I thins this would do good: (Octa-Core) http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd8320frhkbox

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think this build is good. However, the PSU is kind of overkilled, and well, that's it. The AMD is better for budget builds and everyday computing, but the i5 works well too. Just that's your choice.

Also, there is no need for the heatsink fan if you don't need to overclock. The stock one should be good already.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, thanks for the feedback. You are absolutely right that the heatsink fan is not required but I heard stories for this model that the stock fan ran noisy, did not do a good job of cooling, and even broke down. I threw in the after market cooler just for being paranoid. I also purposely put a more powerful PSU just in case if I decide to upgrade with power-hungry hardware in the future without replacing the PSU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube