add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Tluadus1

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZXPyyc

Started this computer around July and because of gambling i wasnt able to finish it with the original parts i had wanted. I will get the money soon to complete it and this is my selection!

I have selected more ram so that i can keep rapid (840 EVO) going without affecting the overall system. My question here is will using the 2x4gb sticks as well as the new 2x8gb be useful, or should i just find them a new home (GF's Comp).

I also would like to see the 980 on 4k, but are there any 4k monitors worth buying atm?

I have tried to overclock the 4790k to ANYTHING, but even bringing it to 4.4ghz brought my temps to 91 celcius, maybe reapplying thermal paste? Anything here would be helpful! thanks!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Moar case fans, and only 2x4 Ram is really enough.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, ok more case fans, but im worried that using rapid, (takes up 1gb of my ram and might gimp me) and lets face it, ive already spent 1900+ on the rest of the system a little more ram isnt going to hurt me. Thanks for the comment!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

A single gtx 980 isn't enough for 4k, if you want 4k get a r9 295x2

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, did a little more research and im now thinking of 2x 970 (want access to NVidia DSR, MFAA, TXAA, FXAA, PhysX, HBAO+, Adaptive VSync, Shield, and Shadowplay) Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube