add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Entry level home office w/ future gaming

joejeep123

62 months ago

My laptop blew up and looking into building a rig that can get me by for right now but can be easily upgraded to be compatible with future gaming. I have a low budget but I think this would be a powerful machine for how cheap it is. Also I'm making sure everything is compatible with each other. Thanks. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/joejeep123/saved/P8CgXL

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything is compatible with each other, but where's your graphics card? The integrated graphics in the i3 aren't very good.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I would get an r9 290 down the road. How bad is the integrated graphics? Would it be able to run flash and Java video?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

They are good for basic stuff, like watching videos in HD, but for games, thats a big no-no. Only the ones from the i5-above (aka the Intel HD Graphics 4600), that's when they get to get better.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha I probably wouldn't try running anything needing a high end graphics card until I build up a few paychecks following the initial build costs. Seems like the Radeon is the goto card, could I use that over the GeForce?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure. Unless you need to do some serious gaming in 4K, it should be fine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

never a good reason to use the PSU included with a case. Always buy them separate.

The i3 should be fine but you could also go for an A10 Build. At least the APUS have a bit more in terms of integrated graphics. I think the i3's integrated would be fine as a daily driver until you upgrade but eeyyyy laaaamo. Happy buildin?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Broke college student life is REALLY starting to be lame.. I know. I wish I could find someone giving this hardware away for free. But until I get salaried, the budgeting never ends.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I know the feels.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mWTB7P Got a a10 7700k which can play most games on low and a better case and way better psu which can power a r9 290.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad on the price and I'm sure the psu will allow a lot of improvement to the system. All my research has been toward Intel product but for the price tag, amd might be this weekends read.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube