add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$350 budget on cpu+gpu and reusing current parts

johnyu95

62 months ago

Hello all I was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys on some parts I am interested in buying. So my goal here is to upgrade my current pc with a cpu and gpu while reusing as many parts as possible. So the cpu's I am interested in are the FX 6300, 8320, 8350. The gpu's are R9 270x, 280, 280x. The absolute most i'm willing to pay for a $cpu is 150 and for gpu $200. What combination of those parts do you guys think with are more worth it? I'm looking for 1080p 60 fps med-high gaming on games from 2013 and this year. As for the parts i'm hoping to reuse are a single stick of ddr3 1600 8gb RAM, I have a case thats pretty big already, I have a power supply (but I'm not sure what wattage is, I have to check), I'll be reusing my HDD cause I don't need a SSD, my current mother board is an MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693). Can someone verify for me that the above listed cpus/gpus will work with my MB? So basically I'm just trying to know if I can just buy a new cpu and gpu from the above list, swap them out with what I currently have, and i'll be good to go. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely get the FX-6300 and the 280X.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you explain your reasoning on this? I'm trying to gain as much knowledge as possible since I'm new to all this.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure thing! So. First of all, for gaming, video card matters more than CPU. This is important. Most games these days can only take advantage of 4 cores or less, therefore I chose the one with the fewest cores (6 cores) to save you money and electricity. The 280X is simply the best out of the ones you listed, so I chose that.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Any other opinions?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube