add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is Windows 10 good enough for day-to-day use yet?

Lachlantula
  • 66 months ago

Title. I'm sure I know the answer (NO) but I want to find out your experience with Windows 10. My current PC is too weak to run virtual machines well enough to actually use (runs out of memory instantly).

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Doubtful since drivers are not installing/registering correctly with Windows 10.
  • Microsoft drivers for AMD HD6xxx video card appears to be subpar compared to those from AMD for Win7.
  • Appears to require UEFI during installation and/or boot process with USB flash drive installations.
  • Associating hard drives with Windows 10 causes Windows 7 to think there were some errors or such on HDDs.
  • No Windows Media Center included, just like Windows 8.0/8.1 so unable to test MCE remote or it's viability as HTPC. Did not bother testing third party media software such as XBMC. As is, still running with Win7.
  • Number of includes tiles on start menu requires association with Microsoft account, Hotmail/Outlook, and just about all ended up being unpinned/deleted.
  • Due to above, ceased testing of Windows 10.
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point
  • True
  • My mobo supports UEFI
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point
  • i cant get it to work either because well, the driver support sucks
  • its developer preview noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • the consumer preview is coming out soon

It's pretty good, but, well, you shouldn't be using it to a day to day basis.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks for the input!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't have problems with windows 8 dev release when I tried that.

Although being the smart guy I am. I already had Linux as my daily driver and that makes it uber easy to dual boot in between.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I use Linux currently as my main OS, it's awesome... Sounds good, how long after first public release did you try that?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

As I went through some review about the Windows 10, it will rule the computers for years. In my point of view i will say Windows 10 will be the combination of Windows 7 and Windows 8. The Windows 10 complete interface is awesome. The START menu came back with new interface. And it has many features. To know more check the below link.

Windows 10 review

Release Date and Features

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Win10. Personally though I don't really like the default Harmony wallpaper but that might just be me.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube