add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Stavros

62 months ago

Hi guys,

What type of RAM do you suggest for the below parts?

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

• Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

• CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler

For sure its going to be a DDR3 Low profile Ram. But which one? Preferable 16GB (2x8) and a bit more than 1600mhz

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The most common ones above 1600 MHz are 1866 and 2133, you could try those. Your motherboard does support up to 3200.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I want more specific details because i am confused. e.g: Corsair ..... or G.Skill.... e.t.c

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair and Kingston are both really good brands that make reliable RAM at a good price, but I'm not too familiar with the others.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

G. SKill is also pretty legit. But Corsair and Kingston are the best bet here. I got some Kingston HyperX Fury White and i gotta say, pretty legit and good looking to boot.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

When i was looking for Low Profile Ram i mentioned that Kingston HyperX Fury was a good deal. Also I was looking for white color Ram and honestly these Ram are good looking.

But in every forum they are talking only for corsair and g.skill. So even if Kingston is such a big company, are there Ram still so reliable?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe by chance you didn't encounter any Kingston fanboy that day, I personally use Kingston RAM in 2 systems and they are wonderful.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

gskill, corsair and Kingston are all great ram. I would try to go with 1866 with cas 9 (the lower the latency the better)

this are all low profile

Kingston 1866 cas 9 (around 30mm)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-hx318c9srk216

corsair 1866 cas 10 (height 26.25mm)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cml16gx3m2a1866c10

gskill 1866 cas 10 (hheight 32 mm)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31866c10d16gab

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube