add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

WARNING TO NZXT Phantom 240 case owners!

thebest10134

60 months ago

I recently purchased a Cooler Master Nepton 140XL because this site said it would fit in the NZXT Phantom 240. IT DOES NOT. I couldn't find anywhere to place it where it fit correctly. I'm not going to return it but I will need to make a cutout in the case to make it fit. Hope someone sees this and changes it so other people don't end up making the same mistake.

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 3 points

This is not the site's fault. Read at the bottom of the partlist:

Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

So this is actually your fault for not noticing, sorry.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. Still up to the buyer to do proper research. This is user error

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I realize that it's totally my fault but this is mostly for other buyers so they don't make the same mistake that I did and buy a cooler based completely off this site. Although technically this cooler should fit because the mounts for it are present, the pump and tubes coming out of it don't fit in the right spots when it's placed correctly.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok, thanks for clarification.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube