add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

help with upgrade for Photoshop editing

RichardSwe

62 months ago

Any ideas on this parts list?

It's for a Photoshop CC computer. I chose the parts based upon my reading about this. This is a substantial upgrade to my existing computer. I have appropriate hard drives, case, case fan, etc.

Only thing I'm locked on is to use an Asus motherboard. I've built several personal PCs in recent years and Asus has been great. Others sometimes had problems.

I wish the price point would get below $1,000. $800 would be great, but I don't want to sacrifice photo processing capability since I won't build again for maybe 3-4 years.

link >>> http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RichardSwe/saved/x39ypg

Thanks --

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're stuck on ASUS, stuff like the MAXIMUS HERO VII is cheaper AND is on the newer Z97 chipset

Personally, would probably get the ASUS Z97-A and take that cash and put it in some 1TB+ HDDs

Though considering you've chosen a locked CPU, should probably drop the cooler unless the area you live in is particularly hot and nab a H97 board like the ASUS H97-PLUS

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks --

By locked CPU, I take you to mean it's not open to over-clocking...? I've always built my PCs with an add-on CPU cooler, but don't spend time over-clocking. Am I understanding you correctly? >> non-over-clocked Asus H97-PLUS could run OK just the stock CPU cooler?

(Reading about computer builds, I generally "get" much of it, but don't really understand well the differences between similar CPUs. This PCPartPicker has been a great help.)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I just find it a waste unless the area you live in just gets real hot or you're just real particular on noise. Stock cooler is usually fine otherwise

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube