add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$800-$900 Gaming PC please help first time build!

oober

61 months ago

This is my first build and im wondering if eveything looks good on it, also wondering what options i would have to upgrade it in the future also any advice would be great http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r8HWjX

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Swap to the AMD FX-6300 if you want an AMD Build. You can overclock it later.

Get a cheaper mobo. $100 is more reasonable for you range.

You only need 8GB RAM.

With all that, you should save enough to find a better GPU.

Unless you absolutely can't, drop the WiFi Adapter and wire your house with cat5 cable. Wired internet is faster and better for gaming. On my router. I can get 72 MB/s but when I us an Ethernet cable, i get 100 MB/s

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

72 MB/s but when I us an Ethernet cable, i get 100 MB/s

Well, that's all nice and good but kinda pointless if OP doesn't get those kinds of speeds :p

though it'd matter if streaming content on a home network

I'll agree with you on the other points, the GTX660 is beginning to show its age (I have one) and you'd be better off with something else

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are an online gamer, you would want wired.

Also, unless you mean overpowered by OP, I am confused. I have never heard that term in any other way.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

unless you mean overpowered by OP

Ah, OP as in "original poster" or "original post"

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

would this be a better build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rNZcVn

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Get 8 gb ram. Try to get a GTX 770 in with what you save on the ram.

You only need 16 gb RAM unless you plan on major video editing.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

anyone else have any tips?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube