add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is your opinion on this build?

calebward22

62 months ago

After a LOT of research I came up with this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydt3jX Do you have any suggestions for it?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

For the PSU, your list uses 433W and you only have a 500W PSU. It will be under stress since PSUs only operate their best at about 55% usage. The other issue is that you won't have much room for any upgrading with this PSU. Look for a 600-700W version for this build. ;)

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

The Western Digital Blue HDDs are for regular home PCs, and your build looks more like a gaming build. I would recommend a better WD drive or a Seagate Barracuda. Otherwise, it looks good.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't know that, thanks. I just went with one of the cheapest hard drives I could with good reviews. I'll change it to a Seagate Barracuda since those look reasonably priced.

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

WOAH WOAH WOAH. The western digital caviar blue series is among one of the highest regarded hard drives on the market. The seagate have a much larger failure rate than the western digital drives, The western digital and the seegate barricuda have the same RPm at 7200. I don't know where you got that info sir but you are mistaken. Unless you are talking about WD blacks which are better but pricier

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

My dad bought a used Seagate drive 6-7 years ago, and it still works great! On the other hand, I didn't say WD drives were bad either, mine lasted for 9-10 years! If you still want to go with WD, get a WD Green drive. For example, the Greens have more storage than the Blues, and they also usually have a bigger cache too. They are basically compromise between Blues and Blacks.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you mean blue is a compromise of green or black. Blue is faster than green slower than black. Here you know what here you go. http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/desktop/

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I already saw a chart like that on Amazon.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube