add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer cooling- enough or too much?

DLCentaur

61 months ago

I'm trying to figure out if my build has enough cooling components or too many.

Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DLCentaur/saved/vWpV3C

My tower comes with three fans, but I'm not sure if those will perform the way I want them to. What do?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Might want to consider a larger PSU. 50 to 70% of rated capacity is best. The one in the build is pushing its limits. Only 50 watts +/- overhead.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Changed the PSU. Do you think that will suffice?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That should do it.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I think is enough, that 295X2 uses watercooling... but are you sure to not wait for the Bermuda or GM200?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty sure. Those new releases will surely cost a bundle and a half. I don't want to have to wait for their prices to drop.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no such thing as too much cooling, btw there is a 2 pack of those fans for around $25

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Changed the build. Thanks! :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If the two pack of fans are going to be used on the h105, they should be PWM fans. They don't have to but it would be greater ad your system would do it rather than running the fans in full blast.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

How exactly do I make them PWM fans? Do I need to chose another type of fan? Is there any way I can control the fans I have?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

When in the case fan section select 120mm in the size section then yes in the PWM section then choose your color choice. PWM basically means the system controls it rather than having the fans run at full blast.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Would it be a good idea to buy two fans and a fan controller? I added the PWM fans, by the way.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it really depends. In my case, I would usually add a fan controller to control the front fans and any side fans [3 + 1]. Thats pretty much the only case I would recommend a fan controller xD

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'm going with one fan on the front, two on the back, two on the top, and the water cooler (either on the top or the back).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube