add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

if im getting 366W estimate what psu would be recommended in that range or how much W should i look for a psu to give?

jt8885

62 months ago

Just wondering how accurate the W estimate on here is and if i should look for a psu with more likely higher W than that or even if it needs to have lower W

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd go with a 600-650w psu just to be safe. You could probably get away with less, but you don't want to build it all then realise you don't have enough power under load or something.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the heads up, i originally picked an 850W thanks for letting me know thatd be too high

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, 850w is only if you're going to have sli 980s or something. If you're going to add another gpu down the line maybe bump it up to 750 or so, but otherwise 650ish should be fine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with Xalian, I recommend 150-200w over estimates and if you plan to SLI add the TDP of the other cards onto that. This leaves room for scalability and depending on the manufacturer some PSUs have a lower output than what they're specced for.

PSU tier list Is useful for picking out a quality PSU to minimize your chances of product failure. Just click "See full content" on the first post.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube