add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Compatibility of parts!

joeneedshelpbad

61 months ago

hello! I have started to build my first gaming pc and I don't know much about it, I was told this site was good for checking compatibility but I wanted to double check to make sure these parts all worked together! here is my build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/WwFsP6

I welcome any part recommendations or changes but I was trying my hardest to keep it below the 500 price tag!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

You probably want a different motherboard, because if the cpu doesn't work with it out of the box, it won't turn on until you put in another cpu and update it. I wouldn't know what to recommend though, as I really don't know anything about AMD processors or chipsets, so I'd go into the cpus or motherboards section and ask.

You can go a little bit cheaper on ram and have it perform exactly the same with these

I feel like you could also maybe get a better amd gpu for around that price, but I don't know enough about that price range of cards to suggest any.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, to be honest I didn't know what it meant about the update!

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, a few of the incompatibilities that are flagged on here are a bit confusing if you don't know what they're talking about. Hope you find another mobo alright!

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points
  • The Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P is listed as supporting FX-6300 right out of the box.
  • FX-6300 intended for DDR3-1866. e.g. Better/faster specs and costs less: G.SKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Would it be better if I got a different Mother board, any that are faster or more efficient with the Fx-6300?

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Not really since the mobos use similar chipsets. The differences is basically the features available or missing. e.g. Number of USB ports, SATA ports, eSATA port, memory expansion slots, passive cooling for VRM section, power phases...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah Thanks for the replies, it really helps!

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

You're welcome. Good luck in your build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube