add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - Overclocking help!

chrisdukes323

61 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/9rH3jX - This is my build. I was wondering if it was possible for me to overclock the fx 6300 to 4ghz with the stock cooler and not have any problems. I also plan on overclocking GPU. Will the PSU be enough for that?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 3 points

I don't think the psu will be enough for overclocking both, you might want to bump it up to a 700w psu since you're cutting it close as is.

If you're going to be doing any overclocking at all, I'd recommend something that isn't the stock cooler. One that's good for the price and cheap is the hyper 212 evo, but I'm not sure if it'll fit on that mobo/cpu.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're going to be doing any overclocking at all, I'd recommend something that isn't the stock cooler...

Ditto.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Aye, that's cutting it quite close

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube