add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on this £800 ish gaming pc?

10sgreatorex

62 months ago

Just looking for opinions and potential improvements for this build I have created: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/10sgreatorex/saved/Lyrtt6

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This ram is actually faster and cheaper right now like I was saying before.

Again I'd go with the MSI twin frozr gpu instead of the EVGA one as it's a better all round card and EVGA seem to have some quality control issues.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? yet again thanks for your help!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ram has the same cas latency as the one you have, and is 1866mhz, which basically just means it's faster. It isn't going to be a massively noticeable thing, but faster for cheaper is always better, and it isn't as if it's from a dodgy company.

MSI's card is a little bit more expensive I believe, but it basically takes everything other cards have and puts it all together (cool, quiet, turns off fans when not needed etc.), the only thing I've seen people complain about is that it doesn't have a back plate, but that's purely a looks thing and won't hinder the card at all. I don't think the EVGA one does either though I could be mistaken. I've heard that the EVGA card has crazy coil whine and that they aren't always put together the way they should be.

You should probably go up to an i5-4690k, it isn't a lot more expensive and it's the best bang for your buck overclockable i5.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'll try and get a little more money for my pc to upgrade the CPU. I might just sell my xbone as there is no need to have two gaming machines doing so would extend my budget to about £1200 if that happened what would you change with the £400 more?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go for something like this. Maybe an 850w psu just to be safe, but I'd imagine 750 would be fine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That would be insane anyway i think I will sell my xbox one and build the £800 pc but maybe upgrade the CPU and the mobo and keep the rest of the money

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube