add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question on gaming rig dealing with compatible motherboard / case

Numrokens

61 months ago

Hello, thanks for stopping by. The motherboard I have is the Asrock z97m anniversary edition. The case I ordered is the Rosewill challenger ATX gaming mid tower. I just saw that as far as compatibility the tower has 2.0 usb headers and the motherboard has 3.0. Can someone please explain what this means and do I have to send the case back etc?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 are different gens of USB. USB 3.0 is mostly used in thing like mice and keyboards. I would send the case back and order a NZXT S340. Happy holidays!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Really appreciate the fast response thank you for the recommendation! Definitely will take a look at that case.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No you don't. It just means you cannot take advantage of the usb 3.0 headers on your motherboard with your case. Instead you will just plug the usb 2.0 headers into the motherboard.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for clearing up my question! I appreciate the fast response.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube