add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 parts list, looking for opinions.

raggedstag

61 months ago

So I have a PS4 currently and I'm looking to upgrade to something that will Really go above and beyond it. The monitor has a 60Hz refresh rate so it's not worth going for those insane 100+ frames on ultra builds. I'm looking for something that will be worth the money and truly trump the PS4. I know that an Intel CPU would prbably be suggested for this build but I don't have that type of money.

List: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/raggedstag/saved/BRgqqs

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What makes that Intel better than the AMD? I looked at some benchmarks and the 8350 came out on top as far as performance and value.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

They run cooler, more efficient per core, and generally last longer.

AMD is great for budget builds but the upgrade path is inferior.

Basically for high performance computers get Intel. Everything else get AMD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube