add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I will build with yalls approval please leave suggetsions

Mortiquai

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BHJRMp *UPDATED*

Also 1440p or 4k monitor suggestions.

thank you

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

How do sli 970 compare to 980?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

from what ive read 980 is only 15% increase over 970 for 60% more money

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

bump

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Is bumping against the rules on PCPartPicker?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Bare in mind that if you SLI those 970s you have maxed out your PCI-e lanes, so consider this build almost definitive.

Hmmm... You can save money by:

Downgrading to i5, downgrading to 8GB, and downgrading that PSU. The difference between Gold and Plat PSUs is just ridiculous.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome thank you

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i did the i5 and psu but the 16gb of ram is good and cheap also i like to run music programs and download stuff so i dont think the 16gb will hurt

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Downloading and listening to music doesn't need 16GB (unless you're running a bunch of music programs, which is unlikely)unless your playing games or doing stuff. And why do you need a 4k monitor. You didn't say that you were going to game on the PC.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i want the best of the best so i dont need to upgrade for a while. i invested 1400 in this laptp im on 2 years ago and i regret it so that why im asking yall in this forum for help.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, who uses a 4k monitor to listen to music and download stuff?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

lol no i was commenting on the 16gb of ram vs 8gb because i do music and movie dls in the backround while gaming

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you planning to overclock? If not, drop that liquid CPU cooler, use the stock or aftermarket cooler (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu9bse2). For the 4k monitor you asked for, you don't need one unless you really want one. Just stick with a 1440p 60ghz monitor (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umhx2aa001). Also, the SSD isn't that needed unless the Windows boot time is driving you crazy.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Bumpppppp

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the info and as for the ssd would it make my games run better? this is going to be a gaming machine only and i want it to last for years.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Now I take that back after reading an article about why SSD's are better.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i took you advice on the monitor and psu aswell as dropped to the 4690k i5 saved me 200$ almost paid for the monitor.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube