add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What do you guys think of this rig i'm building in January?

jumboworms

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jumboworms/saved/gYYbt6

A couple questions I have:

What case fans should I consider, and how many?

Should I wait for AMD's new 300 series in february or go for the 970?

And is the after market cooler necessary?

Thanks!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't really need the thermal paste. I'm not very knowledgeable on case fans:/ The after market cooler is only necessary if you plan to overclock. The stock one will run fine. You could wait for the 300 series in February. Seeing as this is going to be built next month, why not just wait one more month to see what AMD has to offer. In the end, it all comes down to what you want to go with. Good luck:)

-D2RAW

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube