add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
PCsAreBack
  • 64 months ago

Hi, I am about to build a PC for the first time. I have all my parts selected except the PSU. What do you think would be a very safe PSU to go with?

Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TywyZL

I've seen a lot of builds similar to this with a 750W or 850W PSU. I was thinking about going with a 1000W EVGA or Corsair in either Gold or Platinum to be safe and leave room for additional hard drives and USBs. Is a 1000W a good choice? I noticed that the 1300W EVGA Gold is the same price as the 1000W right now. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with that over the 1000W if they are the same price?

Also, This build shows 2 GTX 970s which is what I am designing my build around. However, I will not be buying the second GPU right away. So, the comp will be running less wattage for a while before I upgrade. Will this make a difference in the decision I should make?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, It's good to know 750W will be enough. I think I'm gonna go with the 1000W then, though. Because the extra cost is not as important to me as wanting to leave extra room for it to run cool and stay within the efficient zone.

I know it seems like I didn't listen to your advice because I am gonna go with the 1000 instead of the 750, but it was actually reassuring to know that 750 would be enough.

Thanks for the help.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube