add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is a 450 watt PSU enough to support 444 watts?

ZackWubsDubstep123
  • 64 months ago

My build I just got for christmas is missing the PSU. I remembered I have an extra 450 watt PSU back in my home in Texas. Can 450 watts support the build if it uses 444 watts? I don't plan to overclock or anything. Im not using coolers or anything of the sort either.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

No. Its the estimated power consumption, not actually, its most likely higher than that.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

That's awfully tight. I would want a 550W or 650W just for headroom. Are you sure your system draws that many watts? What are you doing that makes it use so much?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

not doing anything. I havent built the sysyem yet. This is going off the estimated wattage on PC Part picker. I havent got the GPU and I forgot to get a psu in the build. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ZackWubsDubstep123/saved/3cL48d

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahhhh. I would still recommend at least a 550W psu. I would also recommend the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P over the ASUS board. Close in cost but it has the USB 3.0 header which you'll find more important as time goes by. It's a better looking board IMO anyway.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I already got everything except the PSU and GPU so it's to late for that! Thanks for the replies!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube