add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need advice on this build for improvements.

Coronoso1

61 months ago

hey guys this is my build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mkvNBm

Do you guys have any improvements I could make? I'm trying to build a gaming PC although I mostly just watch movies but I still want the best gaming PC I can make for when I do play cod and counter strike etc.

I'm switching my asus 248qe monitor for an IPS dell U2414h since its the best IPS for my monitor price range of £200 unless you guys can think of a better one. Im not really bothered about my case as long as everything fits. I was going to go for the corsair 780t but it's jut a waste of money since its £100 more expensive than the one I got. also since The dell monitor is £30 cheaper I'm thinking of swapping my i5 for an i7 but which i7 should I get?

If you guys could help me make any improvement while staying around my price range that would be awesome cheers.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 0 points

That build is fine but for £100 more you could get this - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/LN3N99 - which would run any game 1080p on max settings with ease. You can shop on ebay to get good deals on graphics cards and go on G2A.com to get Windows 8 for around £40 (may need to wait for restock). The case i chose is one of the best cases you can get aswell. Also , dont get an internal WiFi adapter, external is faster and can be used on many devices.

Apart from that, the build is very strong and you could build a PC that ran COD and CS for around £600, so its kind of overkill.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm gonna downvote because:

normally you don't need an i7. Unless you do video editing/tasks that need GPU power. And instead of 4770K, 4790K is the way to go. He will be sacrificing DIMM speed (which is kind of pointless), sacrificing overclockability (Gigabyte one has more pins), Blu ray disc reading and writing. Have to agree on PSU and Wifi adapter though...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

He doesnt need an i7, but it will increase performance and make the build more 'future proof'. But i kind of agree.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand, but what games he is going to play? And what he usually does? There's also the part of saving money, you know.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah an i5 would be better to be honest, probably doesnt even need a 970 as COD and CS are easy to run.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

An 970 is perfectly fine by me because he might want to run better games at a later stage, though I don't think that he will want to run any games that benefit from hyperthreading (specially CPU intensive games, like next gen city builders).

Though if he wants to save more there's the 280X/290.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube