add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Insync

62 months ago

I need your guys opinion on my rig that i am planning to build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHMM23

Also, budget is 2.7k

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Top-tier PSU for less, same wattage, fully modular as well as 80+ Gold

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your part list can't even be considered realistic for being the ultimate. You can say higher end, definitely not the enthusiast level.

So:

I don't know what you do but definitely an i5 would be better in most case scenarios.

There are much better alternatives to that cooler, mainly those with 240mm rads. It doesn't make sense to get a 120mm rad unless it's a small build.

I'm sure I sought some better Corsair memories priced more decently than those. And 16GB is too OP.

Get a 840/850 SSD, please. Those are the logical choice.

If you have the money to buy, that means you have money to upgrade. Single 980s would make much more sense for the future to 3-way SLI.

Get a 550D, you can compact it a bit.

If you picked the Hero, you shouted: I want to 3 way SLI. At least add a bit more watts (850/950W) to that PSU.

Get the 8.1 already, save the update trouble.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for you help. Why would you say the i5 over the i7?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Because I don't know what you do, and I will assume what the majority comes here to do: Gaming. There will be chances that I will be wrong, that's why you should state what you are gonna use it for.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube