add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Would this PC work together

OverkillPc

61 months ago

Hello, for the most part i know this will work but does the PSU have enough watts to comfortably overclock. Thanks:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/BbKnMp

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably not, amd's usually power hungry and you've got... ~140w to oc a cpu and 2 gpus, I'd prolly look a 1000w unit or change the gpus to 970's as they're ~100w more power efficient than than a 290x.

Kingston v300 ssd has some had some issues relating to switching nand supplier, apparently performance on newer v300's is not all that great, usb wifi dongles are prone to overheating so unless you need to move that from pc to pc I'd prolly change to an internal wifi card.

edit. dunno if 2 high end gpus are really needed for 1080p?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes just change the PSU to 1000W and the SSD as noted.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

For about 10$ more, you can get a western digital green 3tb hard drive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube