add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Have a Gaming Question

BeauBishop

62 months ago

Can I play DayZ and games coming out in the future, at the maximum quality settings with this build? I want to be able to play them smoothly. 45 FPS at the least. Will this build do the trick? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vqkbGX

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an Intel core i3 or i5

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm new to building computers. So I don't know a lot, but why should I switch my psu and harddrive?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Harddrive is fine just you can get 1TB for dam near the same price and PSU your far to close to the Units limit

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to add that I already have all these parts so I wasn't planning on buying anything. Although now that you told me I need a better psu I guess I'm gonna have to get a new one. The only thing from this build that I don't have is a graphics card and now I know I need a new psu as well. I guess I was just wondering if this is a good enough graphics card to fulfill my wants ( 45+ fps) . Sorry about that. Thanks.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

PSU: EVGA tends to have better build quality over Corsair to my understanding

HDD: Twice as much space for slightly more (after taxes), so why not?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The psu is a lot more wattage for less and another 500gb for around the same price is just better

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need an APU with a dedicated GPU

1TB WD Blue, may come out at a tad bit more but will do you better

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex

It may not be able to run DayZ at max, as last I checked it's horridly unoptimized, but the 270X can do stuff like BF4 on ultra at 1080p and stay between 40 and 60 FPS

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. Thank you.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You might also want to look into upgrading to a r9 280 heres one for around the same price as the 270x http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9280atdbd

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't even notice how close they are in price. I'm trying to get the best graphics card I can for under $200 so thank you.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube