add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build (Gaming PC)

RaldaReturn

61 months ago

Here's my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RaldaReturn/saved/TX848d

CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core

Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150

Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply EVGA 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (32/64-bit)

Monitor Asus VG248QE 24.0"

Mouse Logitech G502 Wired Optical

I was wonderding if that MOBO will be enough for what I have.

Fell free to change anything of my build to improve it (but try not to make my wallet scream lol)

Btw, I live in Peru and I can't buy those parts online so please don't consider online sales

Thanks for all your help :)

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

You're gonna lose out on the drive cage due to the size of the GPU in the 912 (limiting you to 2 HDDs and 1 SSD in its cage), in case you didn't know

everything else looks fine

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your advise :D Can you recommend me another bigger case with a similar price so I don't have that problem?

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't think I can, unfortunately.. I have the HAF912 myself and the thing is just real solid for its price :p

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah ikr, that's why is chose that case, did you have any problem with the case? Or any advice you can give me when building the PC? If you have pics that will help me a lot :D thanks :)

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

did you have any problem with the case

Oh, not at all.. Still using it for now until I move to something larger. Also used it on my bro's build cause it was so good with airflow and all that

any advice you can give me when building the PC

The, ah, openings to run the cables around the back of the case.. It gets quite a bit tight back there depending how you run the cables so it may take a bit to get that side panel back on

I wont be able to snag any pic for a while, though, as I'm away from my PC and having to put up with a tablet :/

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all your help :D I'll buy it on 5th of January and hope everything goes fine. Whenever you have time if you could take a pic of how you deal with the GPU and HDD/SDD you will help me a lot :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube