add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hello, This isn't really my build, I used the 1400$ build from the front page and tweeked it a little bit

vidthedon

61 months ago

This PC will mainly be for gaming and HD film watching etc.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/vidthedon/saved/#savedbuild_1825796

Here's the build, I included an OS, monitor keyboard, changed the cooler removed one video card, here's the original build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/pYgXsY/glorious-gaming-build

If there's anything fundamentally wrong with my one please could you let me know otherwise i think i'll go with what i've come up with lol

Thanks in advance for any comments positive, negative or constructive!

If there are any parts I could change where I could save money etc please let me know as well. Thank you!

The list has been edited from the original, any more comments still welcome

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

There is not any reason to get low profiles ones unless you need that low clearance.

I'm doubting a bit the HDD, how about some Blues or Greens? That CPU Cooler looks ridiculous unless you push to 4.6-4.8GHz zone.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

what does your first line mean? and what difference does the colour make for the hdd and yeah this was just what i saw, what cpu cooler would recommend instead, esp because i took out the second video card

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

opps, first line was directed to RAM.

the Blues and Greens refer to WD HDDs, they are so easy to distinguish. Normally Blues should suffice for you.

You can try something along the lines of 212 EVO, good cooler at good price point. It can overclock well too.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

ohhh i see i see, after a bit of google i see what you mean, thanks for you help, I'll have a look for a few high profile options and thank you very much for your advice on the cpu cooler, it's very much appreciated :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube