add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Two builds comparison help

Blanco111

61 months ago

I posted my request somewhere on this site, and someone posted his recommended parts list here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dc49XL This will be my first build. I don't play games, and don't want to get into overclocking. I want this build to do work in Blender (3d modeling) . I need to use nvidia (not AMD) for Blender Cycles. My current computer (3 yrs old) Velocity Micro Edge z40 with 1 gb video card and 8 gb memory is crashing a lot with some of the videos I attempted to make recently.

I changed some of the picks and came up with this list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Blanco111/saved/MJm2FT Before I start making my purchases, I wanted to see if anybody could offer some more (final) advice.

The concerns I have with the selections are:

The motherboard: Should I get Asus x99 delux which is $175 more? What does that motherboard have that the MSI X99S SLI Plus doesn't? I think I read that the MSI model doesn't have onboard wifi. I have a home network set up in my home and would want my new build to be able to do that. the MSI does have ethernet. I have a router I use now. I use a focusrite scarlett2i2 audio interface, so I bypass the integrated sound card on my current mobo that came with the Edge z40. I would probably want to do the same with my new build. So I don't think the boards' audio sound component is important. I'm happy enough with my peripherals. I only want to use one monitor. The Acer I have is okay for my needs. I don't plan on using the new build for home theater, etc.

The case: This is important to me because I want the install to go as smoothly as possible. I watched a video that used the Corsair 760T. The video made the case look like it was easy to install the components into. I don't know anything about the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Why do I need a tb of solid state storage memory. Samsung MZ-7TE1T0BW

I think I read somewhere that I should use the solid state drive just to boot up the computer. So something like what I selected CSSD-F240GBGT-BK would be adequate. Is this so, or should I get the 1 tb solid state drive? (I just noticed I didn't change the sd drive from the list) But I still would like to know if the 1 tb is worth getting.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube