add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help me with a motherboard?

uhmTony

61 months ago

I was following a build I found and this is what I currently have:

Intel Core i5-4460

EVGA GTX 970

256GB Crucial MX100 SSD

2TB Western Digital Black Hard Drive

750W Corsair Power Supply

APEVIA X-Dreamer 4 Case

But sadly the motherboard (MSI H97 Guard Pro) is apparently discontinued, and I'm not interested in a used one. Does anyone know of a good/better substitute? Thank you for your answers, and I would also like to note that I have not gotten my SSD yet, so I was wondering if there were any better brands that someone might recommend just in case someone has an opinion about it. Thanks again!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Im looking for a motherboard too for the 4460

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Id get a i5-4690(K)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Why I ask good sir

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You got a gtx 970, a good SSD and HDD, but you chose a 4460. If you have the extra $40 id say get the 4690 for better performance. Also did you look at Asus H97's

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I found this motherboard that seems compatible with the 4460, will that be fine for the 4690?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128709

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

yes it is their the same chip, but if you get a Z97 board get the i5-4690k so if you ever choose to overclock your cpu the option is their

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thank you very much for your help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube