add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
slibby8803

61 months ago

If anyone had the time I just wanted some critiques from others about this build. This will be my first time building a machine from the ground. For the last four years I have been playing on a decent laptop, that will still be my workhorse in terms of media, data storage and working. But lately it overheats during any gaming whatsoever, even with several different models of lap fans. I have a budget of 1500 and needed to include monitor, mouse and keyboard in that budget. I splurged on a large ssd because I really wanted too (and my laptop has a 2tb harddrive for all my media files) and that might not be the best use of the money resource... Anyhow if anyone has the time or inclination for a little advise it will be well taken. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8WpVZL

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

The fact that you went full robot mode with SSD and forgot to drop an HDD is just mind boggling, and finally you decided to skimp on PSU. So there you go. (No way anybody will be reasonably using 500GB SSD, downgrade to at least 120 or 250 and get a 1TB/2TB ssd)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Super fair remark. My logic is I have my laptop for media files and it already has a 2TB drive for music, movies and pictures. But I see your point and am researching alternatives. Also already switched out PSU. It is my first time and didn't realize I was skimping until someone explained the difference between full and semi modular power supplies. Going with this one: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650 G 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 650W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Full Modular PSU 10 Year Warranty 120-G1-0650-XR NEW 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell

Thanks for time :D

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice new choice about the PSU, cheers

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the advise... switching it up now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube