add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$850 budget - 1st time builder needing help.

PandaLilly

61 months ago

Hello, this will be my first attempt at building a pc and I'm hoping to get some feedback.

Budget: $800 - willing to spend up to $850 only

I will be buying everything in about a month

Peripherals: None, since I have everything else

Monitors: I plan to run one monitor. I currently have an LG23EA63V-P

Info: I'm a casual gamer and don't play much besides Wow, Diablo 3, and Bioshock infinite. I want to be able to play these games on high setting with decent frame rate. Also, if possible, to be able to play games like BF4 with at least medium to max settings. (if it's not do-able under the budget then let me know, please. It would be very helpful).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I'm looking at two build close to my budget and I'm wondering which of the two is best and why.

Intel build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PandaLilly/saved/rNhG3C

AMD build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PandaLilly/saved/DMN2FT

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Well first build has better upgrade path since it is z97 chipset. But second build is much cheaper allowing you to fit a gtx 970 into your budget. So its up to you which option you would prefer.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Basically High Upgradability or High Performance.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, thanks =D

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

With the Intel build, would i be able to run bf4 on medium to max settings?

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

You will be able to max on either builds.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube