add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hoping to get some opinions on my first build.

aprovoncha66570

61 months ago

Hello Everyone, so I i'm trying to put together a very budget conscious build. I have selected these parts with the hope that the completed system would be able to handle any current game such as Skyrim with pretty good FPS. I'm looking for some help with guiding me to parts that may save me some cash with equal performance. Also, need some advice when it comes to video cards. Is there one that offers more bang for my buck? All constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/aprovoncha66570/saved/4mtrxr

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Your over paying on ram. Also possible on motherboard, depending if it has features you need that a cheaper one does not. Definitely on ram though.

That psu is not worth the cash... And you may want to get a bigger one like a 750w to support a better gpu... If you already own that 270x, getting a 750w will allow you to add a second 270x, otherwise, aim for a 280x if there's a sale... Much better than the 270x and not usually too much more expensive. That would be the sweat spot in amd price to performance... Unless you can afford an Nvidia 970, which is the overall best price to performance right now (much higher performance than a 280x)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube