add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard and CPU upgrade

MikeyT46

61 months ago

Hi I'm looking to upgrade a fairly old PC's motherboard and CPU.

I'm really into my driving simulator games (RFactor 2, Assetto Corsa etc. . .) Assetto Corsa being the game that has been struggling recently.

The current setup I have is: Motherboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz (not overclocked) RAM: 4GB GPU: EVGA GTX550 Ti Sc (Possibly looking to run SLI/upgrade at some point) Psu: Unsure of Make and i think it is 500W (I will look and update on this) OS: currently running W7 Pro but I will be upgrading to 8.1 when I upgrade Storage: 128GB Crucial SSD and a 500GB Seagate HDD

I'm looking to spend around £250-300 on the motherboard bundle (CPU MB and RAM) I want to get the 4690K CPU, I'd like to be able to over clock this for the future. The motherboard Is where I get a bit stuck, I know I will need a Z97 chipset to overclock, and obviously the 1150 socket. can anyone recommend a good motherboard? The RAM I have been looking at getting 8GB with the new motherboard (the old RAM isnt compatible as its DDR2 i believe)

any help and notes will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube